Class III // 2.4.2013 // Plato’s “Meno”

board 1 2.4.13 board 2 2.4.13

You can find my own class notes, regarding “Meno” and business ethics based on Greek/Athenian views of ethical practices, below.

ENGL2150-Notes on Platos Meno BusinessEthics

Again, remember that the interlocutor (Meno) is the agent posing the questions which lead to the paradoxes (or to further understanding). As well, comparably, the market, or the consumer, could act as interlocutor when business-ethic practices are being questioned. We’ll review, further, on Wednesday. Please take a look at my notes (above) if you have any questions.

24 thoughts on “Class III // 2.4.2013 // Plato’s “Meno”

1. Question 2. What is Knowledge? And why is knowledge valuable?

Knowledge is an abstract entity of what the minds of human kind holds collectively. Each person holds a certain amount of knowledge but no one person can hold the complete knowledge since it is always expanding. It grows collectively through human understanding. Knowledge is valuable since it is a tool required for people to be unified as a species. To have knowledge is not enough to become unified because this must be shared with people.

2. 1) What is virtue and why is it important?
    Virtue is the behavior of acting according to morals. Morals are a set of beliefs for what is right and wrong. Everyone has their own sets of morals based on where they grew up, who influenced them, religion, etcetera. Virtue is important, because everyone has their own set of morals that they act on and it creates individual personalities. Also, I believe virtue is what keeps kindness in the world. A government law can tell us that killing another man is wrong. But in most cases, killing a man is against some people’s morals. It’s stronger than an enforced rule, because it takes root into people’s personal emotions that it is wrong or right.

4) How might pointing out someone’s errors help increase his or her knowledge?
    As the saying goes, “Learn from your mistakes”. Constructive criticism is the most helpful way to help one to become better. Pointing out flaws will pin point what they have to work on to improve. Also, sometimes people can’t see their own flaws. Bringing awareness to any errors would be helpful in becoming more knowledgeable.

3. (1)
    Virtue is a quality considered to be morally good. Morality is the differentiation of an individual’s intentions judged between “good” and “wrong”. An individual’s values are often based upon moral standards and virtue is a moral quality that strengthens an individual’s values. Although virtue can be different among different individuals depending on gender or age, they are the same in the way that each individual have dutiful virtues.

4. Thanks for taking this chance to talk about this, I feel strongly about it and I take pleasure in understanding about this topic. If feasible, as you gain data, please add to this blog with new information and facts. I have found it particularly helpful.

5. That is a really good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere. Simple but very accurate info… Many thanks for sharing this one. A must read post!

6. Once I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any means you can remove me from that service? Thanks!

7. Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem together with your site in web explorer, might test this… IE still is the marketplace leader and a large component of folks will pass over your magnificent writing due to this problem.

8. I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I’ll learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

9. Aw, this was an incredibly nice post. Finding the time and actual effort to produce a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and don’t manage to get nearly anything done.

10. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems? A few of my blog readers have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?

11. It’s own cheap tiffany jewelry prefer instantly, none the less you will quite a bit other memorable because you purchase cheap tiffany jewelry. tiffany jewelry for cheap could be very totally different from other kinds of models related to gemstone tiffany jewelry as well as stands proud inside market. An excellent first-rate,discount tiffany and co jewellery, being active is cheap tiffany jewelry. This amazing cheap tiffany jewellery is without a doubt nothing great new, this has been to a number exceeding for millennia however, for isn’t just aspects Tiffany excels by using the majority.

12. Hey there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics? Thanks a ton!

13. What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to contribute & help different users like its aided me. Great job.

14. I recently bought an Elektro brand electronic cigarette and am taking a trip to Europe. I don’t need my cig on the airplane, so I was wondering if I am allowed to put it in my checked bag. . Things to note:. -I’m flying Air Canada and it says on the site that ionizers are prohibited, but it does say that e-cigarettes are approved as long as you’re not using them.. -I’m not worried about damage to/losing my luggage..

15. You can definitely see your expertise within the paintings you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe. Always follow your heart. “Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at.” by Jimmy Demaret.

16. Howdy! This blog post couldn’t be written much better! Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept preaching about this. I’ll send this post to him. Pretty sure he’ll have a great read. Thank you for sharing!

17. When I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can take away me from that service? Thanks!