Call Center Intern
Read Alliance works to improve the educational trajectory of at-risk kindergartens and first grade students through one-to-one tutoring in foundational reading skills
Since 2000, Read Alliance has helped more than 11,000 primary grade students achieve an average of at least a full year’s growth in foundational reading skills which is critical to their future success. At the same time, Read Alliance has recruited and trained more than 9,000 teens, and has helped them develop essential college, career, and life skills as Read Alliance tutors.
We are looking for two volunteer interns with a sincere interest in youth development, community building and literacy. The Interns will report directly to the Tutor Manager and are expected to work collegially with volunteers, tutors, and Read Alliance staff.
The Call Center Interns will be responsible for providing administrative support by:
- Facilitating calls to READ tutors to announce tutor training times, dates, program events, tutor attendance issues, missing paperwork etc.
- Organizing, processing and filing teen tutor paperwork
- Updating information in data base
- Managing teen tutor hotline
- Performing other clerical tasks as assigned
- Strong phone etiquette and clerical skills
- Well organized and self-motivated
- Willingness to collaborate with READ staff, tutors, facilitators and vendors
- College sophomores, juniors or seniors preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Internet Navigation
Benefits to interns:
- Gain experience connecting youth with a program that promotes job-preparedness
- Training in office management skills, program administration, data entry and youth development
- Working for an organization that benefits New York City teens from diverse communities
Timeframe for Internship:
- Dates: May 1-August 8, 2013 (negotiable based on availability)
- Days/Hours: May-June: Monday-Friday: 1:00pm-4:30pm
- July-August: Monday-Thursday: 10:00am-4:00pm
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume by April 29,2013 to Joan Minaya, Tutor Manager, Read Alliance, 80 Maiden Lane, 11th floor, New York, NY 10038 email@example.com
Read Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.