The Macaulay Honors College is a CUNY wide honors college that enrolls entering first-year students. The program is built around a core curriculum that uses New York City as laboratory to explore the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and politics. Together with the Opportunities Fund, and the ability to meet, study and collaborate with students at 7 CUNY campuses, the program offers exceptional students transformative opportunities to develop their potential beyond what they ever imagined.
Macaulay’s vision is to “inspire and prepare students to solve the challenges facing New York City, our nation, and the global community.” What part will you play in shaping your own intellectual and personal growth, and how will you work toward addressing the challenges of the world we live in today?
The below information will help you navigate and, hopefully, inspire you to make the most out of your time as a Macaulay Scholar @ Baruch College.
- Academic Requirements & Policies
- Macaulay NOW!
- Opportunities Fund
- Community Service
- On-Campus Cultural Events
- Documenting Your Internship
- Macaulay Student Handbook
Tips from your Macaulay Advisors, Stacey Backenroth, Christina Chala, and Lena Tuck
- Relax! Find balance. Check out Student Life free Yoga Thursdays.
- Build relationships with faculty early on. Who will write you that glowing letter of recommendation?
- Explore. Take that science class you thought would be interesting. Start a new language, join a dance group or a sport. Connect to new groups of people at Baruch and Macaulay.
- Write an Honors Thesis
- Keep up-to-date with the events, opportunities, news and more by visiting MHC’s blog, reading Macaulay Monday and join Honors Connect.