Welfare Cartoons

Here are several cartoonists’ depictions on the state of welfare programs, social security, etc…The illustrations provide a different perspective of welfare. Feel free to express your thought on how you interpret the illustrations.

Cartoon 1

Cartoon 2(Note: The small boat says “social programs”.)

Cartoon 3 (Note: As of 2007, there was a flood of baby boomers who took advantage of their social security benefits. Editorial cartoons depicted the rush that the elderly took on the system. The old man represents AARP.)

Cartoon 4 (Note: President Ronald Reagan, along with representative Republicans from Florida (Mica and Dantzier) and Wyoming (Cubin), along with a mother on welfare and her rights being dumped as useless).

Roshni Ally

Avatar of rally1

About rally1

Hi, My name is Roshni Ally. I am currently a senior at Baruch College with a major in Finance and Investments and a minor in History. I am an avid traveler and reader and I also work part time for a Finance company, Goldentree Assest Management.

266 Responses to Welfare Cartoons

1. Reda says:

I really enjoyed your article post.

2. I have recently started a blog, the information you provide on this web site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work. “The murals in restaurants are on par with the food in museums.” by Peter De Vries.

3. Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research about this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I’m very glad to see such great info being shared freely out there.

4. Sharie says:

Simply wanna remark on few general things, The website style is perfect, the subject material is very superb. “The stars are constantly shining, but often we do not see them until the dark hours.” by Earl Riney.

5. I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post’s to be exactly what I’m looking for. Does one offer guest writers to write content to suit your needs? I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome site!

6. stop snoring says:

My programmer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a variety of websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!

7. Viagra says:

I got what you intend, appreciate it for putting up. Woh I am pleased to find this website through google.

8. Hi there, You’ve done an excellent job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this website.

9. I’m also writing to make you know what a amazing encounter my child found visiting your webblog. She figured out a wide variety of things, with the inclusion of how it is like to possess an awesome helping spirit to let the others just fully understand various complex subject matter. You truly surpassed our own expected results. Thanks for giving the beneficial, healthy, edifying and as well as fun tips on the topic to Evelyn.

10. Excellent site you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics discussed here? I’d really like to be a part of online community where I can get advice from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you!

11. photographer says:

Please let me know if you’re looking for a article author for your weblog. You have some really good posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d really like to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Thank you!

12. meteo says:

I’ve recently started a site, the info you offer on this website has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.