I have several technical questions about Zoom, such as:
- I need to schedule a Zoom meeting, but I’m not sure how. What are the steps to setting up a class meeting on Zoom?
- Within Zoom’s Profile section, what are the purposes of the Personal Meeting ID and Host Key sections?
- I have heard that Baruch faculty have a Zoom ID. If so, when is it needed?
If I have questions like these, where can I get answers?
There are a couple of places to turn if you have a technical question related to using Zoom. You might try:
- Contacting BCTC: The Baruch Computing and Technology Center help desk is available to answer technical questions about using platforms like Zoom and Blackboard. Their contact information can be found on the BCTC website (linked here).
- Referencing the Zoom Guide: The Center for Teaching and Learning prepared this guide to using Zoom. Along with information about how to schedule a Zoom meeting, this guide includes useful information about teaching and learning with Zoom, safeguarding against practices like Zoombombing, best practices for facilitating discussions in large and small groups, and even information on maintaining your voice health while videoconferencing.
- Visiting the Zoom help center: Zoom has a comprehensive help center which can answer many of the questions raised in this post, such as questions about the function of a personal meeting ID, questions about the function of the host key section, and more.