Writer’s Letter-Research Paper

When I first began writing this research paper I thought “how difficult can it actually be?” I truly thought this paper was going to be the easiest of all the papers we had for this class. However, I was wrong, this paper was the most time consuming and difficult to put together. Do not get me wrong I thought I knew everything there was to know about this topic. Turns out there is a lot more to it than I thought. Originally when I began my research for my topic of electric aircraft I thought it was impossible for electric aircraft to be something in the close future.as I ventured into my research I realize that it is possible and a lot of smaller airlines already incorporate or try to incorporate electric aircraft into their fleets. Although there still is not a large commercial aircraft with this technology there will be soon and the larger aircraft are replacing their fuel systems with full electrical systems so slowly they are also making their transition.

The hardest part for me in writing this research paper was having to look for the forced that were going to piece my argument together. I knew my argument was going to be about the necessity of electric commercial aircraft, I just did not know which sources were going to be the most beneficial to my writing piece. Not only that but I wanted to make sure that all of the sources would provide different evidence  to support by argument but still at the same time be able to relate to the other sources to make sure that it was all on fluent writing piece.

Through peer review, I realized that I need to work on my essay, especially on the transitions from paragraph to paragraph and how I present my evidence from my sources. The peer review process in this class has been extremely beneficial to me compared to previous classes. I love the fact that we get the opportunity to get into our small writing group and talk about our papers and really get into it and help build off of each other vs just having one persons perspective on your writing piece and I am truly grateful for that.

At the end of the day I know that my research paper is still not complete and as we advance and new technology comes out and we find new ways to use this technology the closer we will get to achieving this goal of flight. There is no doubt in my mind that Electric commercial flight is indeed the future of all aviation, I just hope to be around to see it happen and hopefully have the opportunity to keep adding onto my research paper for others who find this topic interesting to read.

3 thoughts on “Writer’s Letter-Research Paper

1. Hey Marlon! I want to say that you made points about things that I can definitely relate to! First, when you said that piecing your argument was difficult to an extent because you want your sources to draw upon ideas to your argument but also be different in the information they were presenting, I immediately knew what you were talking about. I also wanted each of my sources to be unique and offer new ideas that I could expand upon but also stay grounded enough that they proved my point. I don’t know how you came about finding your sources and being happy with them but I personally found that if you just sit through the research process for a couple hours straight you can have a full page of sources and slowly start hand-picking the ones that really resonate with your topic. I also wanted to mention that I find peer review one of the most beneficial ways to bettering a paper. Everyone can bring new perspectives to the table and that’s always appreciated when writing a paper like this!

2. Hey Marlon! I completely see where you are coming from when it comes to initially thinking that the research paper process would be simpler than the writing process any other paper we had to write in class to this point. I feel as though this is something that many of us can relate to. Personally, when I first started writing and planning my research paper I had a roadmap laid out for myself of everything that I wanted to include, which was easy for me since the topic that I chose to write about is something that I am passionate about. It was not until I actually started writing my paper that I realized how technical it would be. There was so much to bring up throughout my piece and I started to get worried that I would not be able to cover everything throughout my piece. As you mentioned later in your writer’s letter, the peer review process extremely helped me with settling this worry. Being able to have my paper read by several peers of mine was helpful because there were so many new opinions and pieces of advice offered to my piece. It helped with so many aspects of my paper and I am beyond grateful for it!

3. Hey, Marlon! Yes, at first I thought the research paper would be easy, but I didn’t realize how difficult it would be when I actually got around to writing it. I had no idea what peer review was before this class, but after this class I realized that it was a great way to communicate with the group and get lots of advice from peer’s comments.