Response Paper Numero 6

I’m equal parts excited and scared out of my mind about the digital essay. I’ve never made a video for a class so this is definitely something that is totally foreign to me. However, the concept of taking a thesis and expressing it through something that isn’t a paper really intrigues me. What I enjoyed about watching the videos made by previous students was that there were so many different ways to approach the digital essay. “Tell All the Truth But Tell It Slant” and “McDonalds” was more acting based whereas “We Real Cool” and “The Barbie Complex” were more stop motion. By the way, great job last semester Danielle, JAR and Brian! The questions that I have are about the technical aspects of the project like what programs I should use or the resources I have available. I’m sure that the famous Luke will have the answers to all of my worries. I’m having difficulty choosing a poem and coming up with a thesis that will translate well on video. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing our finished projects!

This entry was posted in DG13E. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Response Paper Numero 6

1. Manuela Toro says:

I feel exactly the same way, do you know which poem you’re working with yet? I’m curious.

2. Liz Kim says:

I haven’t picked a poem yet but I’ve definitely been poem shopping over the break. I might pick one of Carl Sandburg’s poems but I think once we get our questions answered tomorrow I’ll feel more sure of what exactly I should do. Do you know which poem you’ll be writing about?

3. Luke says:

Uh, I’m FAMOUS, not infamous. 🙂 Btw– love the images in your post.

4. Liz Kim says:

Ah sorry! I’ll change it! 🙂