Digital Essay Proposal- ‘Fear’

I have come to the conclusion that the poem I will use to create my digital essay and paper is “Fear” by Raymond Carver. The overall message that I want to get across is that in the current world we live in, fear is playing an increasingly significant role in the reason why people can no longer live stress-free lives. We ourselves are the ultimate reasons why we truly cannot be happy and live without fear, because we create fears out of our everyday troubles and uncertainties.  Due to the media publicizing unworthy events and the new discoveries revealed to us, people are finding flaws in almost everything. Whether it is reality or exaggeration, our focus on the worries in the world is only dragging the true essence of life down.

For my digital essay I will be doing a skit. Although my ideas may change I want to create a dramatic, yet lightly humorous, story line based on someone who is being negatively affected by the news and media on ridiculous matters. I believe that I will be able to depict the proper mood in my video by choosing the appropriate song to play in the background.

This entry was posted in JM13D, ResponsePaper. Bookmark the permalink.