Working on Paper#3!!!!

Hi, everyone! It is Saturday morning and I am trying to start my rough draft for paper#3. I am planning to write about the poem “Contact Lenses” by Audre Lorde. The reason is that I recently started wearing contact lenses and I think I can understand how Audre Lorde feel about wearing contact lenses. I initially had an idea in my mind. However, after doing some research about the poem, I am now lost in confusion and try to get my thoughts together again. On Wednesday, after discussing with my partner, we came to a conclusion that we are going to focus on how society changes our original view on this world and sharps us to view the world differently. However, the research I found analysis the poem a little differently. The poem is more about the ethic and methodological problems. It talks about the women’s place in society and church. Women were being discriminate, however, they were fighting back to have a position in society. I guess there is a connection between my idea and the research. I hope I can come up with a interesting thesis for this poem 🙂

Photo by Gary Wayne Gilbert

This entry was posted in DG13E. Bookmark the permalink.