The Mysticality of Feminism

My video is a bit on the avant-garde side. The overall thesis of my paper was acknowledging how Anne Waldman uses a significant chant-like, mystical tone in her poetry in order to convey her appreciation for the diversity of the female demographic. I attempted to represent my thesis by displaying both video clips and images of what seems like typical female behavior, yet with the combination of digital effects and the audio I chose, I tried to add a mystical twist. It was really difficult for me to try and accurately represent my thoughts through the video in a way that my audience would understand. However, I thorougly enjoyed attacking the task and using my creativity in a intellectually challenging way. I’m genuinely pleased with the overall outcome of my work and hope that even if my audience doesn’t necessarily see my vision, they can learn to appreciate it — as is the case with most works of art.

This entry was posted in DG13E, PaperAssignment. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to

1. Liz Kim says:

I thought your video was, and please excuse how lame this sounds, neat-o! You got the badass-ery of it down and it did have a certain mysterious, mystical mood. Great job!

2. olivia.caban says:

aww thanks! that means a lot, i’m glad at least one person can appreciate it. youre awesome, thanks. 🙂

3. Luke says:

(More than one person appreciates it)

4. olivia.caban says:

thank you very very much, it means alot