My Movie!!!

I Wandered Lonely As a Cloud by William Wordsworth

I had quite an interesting time making this video considering I am not the type of person to usually enjoy something of this nature. It was a bit confusing at first because I am not very familiar with all kinds of movie editing software and after watching some videos on youtube of other poetic productions, I realized I would have to step my game up to make this video worthwhile. I edited the pictures online using a website called FotoFlexer, which is totally free and super easy to use. This is great for a novice or someone who will only have to do one or two of these types of projects. Then, instead of using iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, or Final Cut Pro, I decided to use an online resource called JatCut that allows me to easily edit my slideshow without any complications. It is extremely basic but that is also it’s strength because anyone can use it with ease.

William Wordsworth speaks a lot about his love for nature and I wanted to show this here by showing how beautiful it is. It’s meant to inspire you and put a smile on your face. I actually used kittens to represent William Wordsworth because I see cats as part of nature and they are as beautiful as the daffodils. My main goal was to have each picture be indicative of the line it is showing. While Yann Tiersen is beautifully playing the piano in the background, you are meant to see the picture/text simultaneously so that it has a great impact on you. Psychologists have shown that when you add meaning to words, pictures, and memories, they are easier to remember and what I tried to do here is to link the lines of the poem with carefully selected images so that the viewer better remembers it. I think this video encompasses what I was trying to say in my essay and what Wordsworth has been saying in his poetry.

This entry was posted in JM13D and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.