Honors Courses


*Feit Seminars in the Humanities (IDC 4050H) and the Sidney Harman Writer-in-Residence seminars require special permission to enroll.  Enrollment in a few Honors courses is restricted, such as: BUS 1000H, BPL 5100H, and Macaulay New York City seminars (IDC 1001H, 3001H, 3002H, and 4001H).

The Sidney Harman Writer-in-Residence Program 

JRN 3650/3650H: Visual Narrative, Writing for Film and Television.

Wednesdays 2:30PM – 5:25PM.

This course will focus on the role of the screenwriter and examine various methods of developing a dramatic screenplay. In-class workshops will address the construction of dialogue, characters, scenes, and stories, as students learn to edit and critique their own and others’ work. Taught by Xiaolu Guo who is a novelist, essayist, and filmmaker.

To participate in the Harman Writer-In-Residence Program: Applications are required, apply early! 

Questions?  Contact the Harman Director Prof. Esther Allen.

Feit Interdisciplinary Seminars (IDC 4050H)

Prerequisite: ENG 2150, junior or senior standing, 6 credits in the humanities (preferably a base course in each of the disciplines of the course), a minimum 3.4 grade point average, and permission of the director of the Feit Seminar Program. To request permission, email Prof. Michael Staub, Director, Feit Interdisciplinary Seminar Program.

CLICK HERE  for a list of upcoming Feit seminars for Spring 2021.

Featured Fall 2020 Honors Courses
For the complete list of ‘H’ Courses, use the CUNY First Schedule of Classes and indicate the Course Number contains H

  • ANT 1001H
  • BUS 1011H
  • JRN 2500H
  • PSY 1001H
  • POL 1101H

First Year Honors Seminar: FYS 1000 H for new Honors scholars

Macaulay Honors College Courses

Note: we are unable to overtally students into Macaulay Seminars, except for academic reasons.  Speak to your advisor if you are unable to take a required course due to your Macaulay seminar section time. We are unable to over enroll courses based on schedule preferences or work schedules.  Your Honors advisor can assist you in choosing options that work for you.

Request to Contract Honors for a course (by special exception, for liberal arts and public affairs students)