The Honors First Year Seminar (FYS 1000H) is required for all first-year scholars at Baruch College. An important component of the first-year learning community, the First Year Seminar is designed to familiarize Scholars with academic and extra-curricular life at Baruch. The Seminar is led by a current Baruch scholar peer mentor and by Honors Program staff and is designed to give you access to the myriad resources available at the college. In addition to providing you with an opportunity to exercise your leadership, time management, effective communication, and critical thinking skills, the Learning Objectives of Honors First Year Seminar are:
- To familiarize each new student with academic, social, student life, and career opportunities at Baruch College.
- To inform students about the requirements of and opportunities provided by the Baruch College Honors Program.
- To facilitate transition into the life of the college through building friendships and collaborative work.
- To promote civic engagement through an understanding of Honors requirements and the college community.
- To guide students in creating a four year plan outlining their short and long-term goals; see sample of completed template here.
Visit CUNYfirst and log in to Blackboard to view your section of FYS 1000H.