Academic Requirements for Macaulay Scholars
Macaulay scholars are required to:
- complete a Macaulay approved Study Abroad or Internship experience. Students whom study abroad will be required to fill out the Macaulay Study Abroad Evaluation after completing their program. Students who choose to intern, will be required to complete a learning agreement prior to starting the position, as well as an evaluation after their role has ended. More details can be found on Macaulay’s Internships page. Students can apply for Opportunities Funds to help finance their experiential learning.
- complete the four New York City Studies Macaulay seminars, in order, during their first four semesters. These four courses fulfill your Pathways College Option.
IDC 1001H, Arts in New York City
IDC 3001H, Peopling of New York City
IDC 3002H, Science and Technology in New York City
IDC 4001H, Politics of New York City
- complete 10 hours of community service each academic year
- complete one arts and culture event each semester
- complete one Great Works course: ENG 2800, ENG 2800H, ENG 2850, ENG 2850H, CMP 2800 or CMP 2850.
- complete an Honors capstone, see the Registration Guide for more information
- register for at least 5 credit bearing classes per semester. You must consult your adviser before adding, dropping or withdrawing from a class.
- For information on requesting part-time status, early or extended graduation, a leave of absence, see Macaulay’s information on Enrollment Change Status.
- Refer to the Macaulay handbook for complete information.