From Cheryl Smith, workshop for a first-year writing class
By class time:
Post on your personal blog
- your developing thesis and
- 2-3 of your best supporting claims.
Writing Workshop on Prof. Smith’s Blog
- Logical fallacies
- other claims-related issues for writers of researched argument essays
By 10 pm
- Comment on the thesis and supporting claims of the people in your review group.
- Offer suggestions, pose counterarguments, and point out potential problems—particularly if you see any of the logical fallacies we’ve discussed.