Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen

universal declaration of human rights

universal declaration of human rights

I have heard about the Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen a lot when I was studying world history in high school. We were taught declaration of the rights of man and of the citizen have great impact on the human history; it’s a milestone of the human race. But we never took a close reading of them; so that was almost everything I know about this declaration and I did not have much emotions about it.

As I proceed reading the declaration of the rights of man and of the citizen, I realized the clauses are thorough. They cover almost every aspect of the human rights and in what way should the law be established.  

For example, “Every citizen has a right to participate personally, or through his representative, in its foundation. It must be the same for all, whether it protects or punishes. All citizens, being equal in the eyes of the law, are equally eligible to all dignities and to all public positions and occupations, according to their abilities, and without distinction except that of their virtues and talents.”

It also defines what one should do and should not do. “Liberty consists in the freedom to do everything which injures no one else; hence the exercise of the natural rights of each man has no limits except those which assure to the other members of the society the enjoyment of the same rights. These limits can only be determined by law.”

The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen sets the most ideal social structure; which many people dreamt about it before and many people now are still hoping they could live in the society like that. For your instance, I wish the Communist Party in China could employ some of the clauses, or at least employ the freedom of speech, thus the huge amount of corruption will be disclosed to the public and I could go back without hesitation.

About zl139112

5081190214663627