Baruch STEP Academy applicants must:
- be New York State Residents
- The applicant must have been a resident of the State of New York 12 months prior to application.
- Enrolled in Grades 7 – 12 in the Fall 2020 semester
- Self-identify as
- Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Alaskan Native or American Indian (with record of tribal affiliation)
- or meet the economic eligibility guidelines outlined by the state in the table below
The long-range objective of the program is to increase the number of historically underrepresented and/or economically disadvantaged students prepared to enter college and improve their participation rate in mathematics, science, technology, health-related fields, and the licensed professions.
Students enrolled in Baruch STEP Academy are selected on the basis of character and academic merit that aligns with the eligibility criteria outlined below:
- Maintain a minimum average of 80% overall and in math & science.
- A strong interest in medicine, research, or STEM professions
- The ability to commit to the course schedule and attend all sessions remotely
- A mature personality – Conduct themselves in a manner conducive to their own learning, and to the learning of others.