The purpose of Psi Chi is to encourage, stimulate and maintain excellence in scholarship as well as advance the science of psychology. Psi Chi provides academic recognition for its members and offers local chapters that host programs related to the science of psychology and provide fellowship and networking for Psi Chi members. At the national level, Psi Chi hosts national and regional conventions, sponsors research award competitions and publishes journals and newsletters.
BENEFITS OF JOINING PSI CHI
- Gain membership and recognition by a well-respected national organization.
- Receive Psi Chi honor society regalia (e.g., honor cords) which can be worn at commencement ceremonies. You are also eligible to purchase additional Psi Chi materials (e.g., rings, mugs, medallions).
- Access electronic copies of the journal, Eye on Psi Chi.
- Network with psychology faculty, psychology graduate students, practitioners and other Psi Chi members.
- Receive recognition and in some cases financial support for your research in psychology.
- Submit your research for possible publication in the Psi Chi Journal of Psychology.
- Participate in service projects sponsored by Psi Chi.
- Attend educational and networking activities sponsored by your local Psi Chi chapter.
- List Psi Chi membership on your or resume or curriculum vitae.