Get Lucky in Business

luck in business
Skills are important. So too, often is luck vital for success. As a point of inspiration these quotes will help you swallow the fact that in business, luck plays a part. Bad things happen to businesses each day, that cause them to fail – some avoidable, but some are a product of having bad luck. We have curated our favorite quotes on luck from people such as E.B. White, Charles Rotlut, Jonah Engler and more.

Remember; luck is great – but it is not substitute for good old fashioned: hard work.

Some quotes on the importance of success:

•“That classic about the right place at the right time? ITS DAMN TRUE.” -Jonah Engler

•“There’s no luck in business. There’s only drive, determination, and more drive.” Sophie Kinsella

•“In this business if you’re good, you’re right six times out of ten. You’re never going to be right nine times out of ten.” Peter Lynch

•“I believe in luck. The harder I work the luckier I get.” Sam Shoen

•“Good luck happens when preparedness meets opportunity.” Bret Harte

•“Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work – and realizing what is opportunity and what isn’t.” Lucille Ball

•“The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.” Harry Golden

•“Luck is not something you can mention in the presence of self-made men.” E.B. White

• “I do strongly feel that among the greatest pieces of luck for high achievement is ordeal. Certain great artists can make out without it, Titian and others, but mostly you need ordeal.” John Berryman

•“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” Seneca

•“The only sure thing about luck is that it will change.” Bret Harte

•“Luck is believing you’re lucky.” Tennessee Williams

•“I’m going to say that luck exists when three conditions are in place. Number one, it operates on an individual or an organizational basis, such as you or your team or company. Second, it could be good or bad.” Charles Rotblut

•“Diligence is the mother of good luck.” Ben Franklin

•“Luck is no substitute for hard work.” Jonah Engler

• “Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

•“My success was due to good luck, hard work, and support and advice from friends and mentors. But most importantly, it depended on me to keep trying after I had failed.” Mark Warner

•“Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.” Denzel Washington

•“The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself.” Douglas MacArthur

•“I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.” Brian Tracy