Reacting to Change

As my work with REACT to FILM comes to a close, I’m beginning to reflect on what I’ve learned during my time there.

Asides from the tool box obtained by being in charge of an organization’s social media presence, I’ve also learned a lot about myself. Mostly, how to deal with different kinds of people, especially those who are difficult to work with.

I learned that sometimes people are difficult simply because of who they are. It may have nothing at all to do with anything personal, So try not to take it personally. Working on such big goals with a small staff, especially when many of them work from home or on the other side of the country,it’s easy to get frustrated and be snippy. It’s important to remain calm, and to separate you from your work.

With that, I was able to learn more about myself as a writer. I learned how to write more efficiently by doing press releases and weekly blog posts. This was especially the case with Facebook and Twitter posts, every word needs to matter due to character limitations.

About Caroline Albanese

Caroline Albanese's is a Journalism student at Baruch College, Class of 2013.

01. April 2013 by Caroline Albanese
Categories: REACT to FILM | Comments Off on Reacting to Change