Act: Look what I drew its Sponge Bob
Host Intro – With many at home, young people are struggling to find ways to keep busy. This is George Sanchez and he will be telling us about his journey leaning how to animate.
Track: I know that animation is a passion for you. What is a way that you are continuing to advance your animations and trying to incorporate sound?
Act: This is how I get my animations audio.
Track: From where?
Act: I search up what the sound I am trying to find on YouTube and wherever I find it I press record and (sound of storm)
Track: How do ideas come about for you and where do you gain your inspiration from?
Act: Inspiration mainly comes from videos I watch on YouTube of animators just doing what they do.
Track: This is Francely Flores from Baruch College and I hope that you also find an activity to dedicate your time to during quarantine.
I have two ideas for our next project.
- Interview a street vendor and ask them about their experiences during this time. The stay at home order has affected their ability to continue to work the same way that they were working before, as they had less accessibility to their regular customers.
- Interview a community organizer who is a part of an organization called Strategy for Black Lives, they are a coalition of organizers and student activists who advocate for policy reform.
- Protests During Covid-19: the promulgation of the underlying pandemics.
- Protest on Friday for workers excluded from NYS relief, who have gone more than 120 days without aid.
- Protest on Saturday for those who would have graduated: Tamir Rice, Trayvon Martin, Aiyana Jones, Aiyana Jones
- Protest on Sunday for the deaths of Vanessa Guillén and Breonna Taylor
2. Street vendors dealing with the pandemic – those near where I live
3. Following the day in a life of an essential worker
- My stepdad takes fruits and vegetables from warehouses to supermarkets
- As an essential worker he experienced so many of his co-workers pass away.
- Comparing his experience to the New York State’s data showing that hispanics are at the highest risk to contract covid-19 due to the fact that they have jobs as essential workers.