Request accommodations for your Writing Center sessions
Using this form, disabled students can request accommodations for in-person or online Writing Center sessions. Let us know how the Writing Center can support you. For example, we can:
- Schedule extended or recurring sessions
- Arrange for your online sessions to be held via Zoom or other preferred accessible platform
- Make in-person session accommodations, such as adjustable height workstations and text communication devices (ex. UbiDuo)
- Arrange for your DSP or other support person(s) to join in-person or online sessions
- Provide asynchronous Written Feedback in an alternative form (for example, providing video/audio feedback or providing written comments in plain text versus MS Word Track Changes)
- Provide notes or audio recordings for individual sessions
- Convert handouts or workshop materials to a different file format, style, or modality
We can make many other accommodations not listed here, so please let us know what support you need. This form is received by the Writing Center’s Director Diana Hamilton, Associate Director Rachel Rys and Administrative Coordinator Hannah Brenner-Leonard.
Documentation is NOT required for Writing Center accommodation. If you need accommodations for your courses, we recommend that you get in touch with Baruch’s Student Disability Services by visiting Newman Vertical Campus (NVC) 2-272, calling (646) 312-4590, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for communicating about accommodations
The Writing Center also provides supportive resources for students who are in the process of communicating about accommodations and accessibility with their professors.
We run a Communicating about Accommodations and Accessibility workshop each semester (see our Events calendar for specific workshop dates). We’re also happy to share our workshop materials with any interested students. To request materials, please email email@example.com, call (646) 312-4025, or visit NVC 8-185.