Request accommodations for your Writing Center sessions
Using this form, disabled students can request accommodations for Writing Center sessions. Please let us know how the Writing Center can support you. For example, we can:
- Schedule extended or recurring sessions
- Arrange for your online sessions to be held via Zoom or other preferred accessible platform
- Make in-person session accommodations, such as adjustable height workstations and text communication devices (ex. UbiDuo)
- Arrange for your DSP or other support person(s) to join in-person or online sessions
- Provide asynchronous Written Feedback in an alternative form (for example, providing video/audio feedback or providing written comments in plain text versus MS Word Track Changes)
- Provide notes or audio recordings for individual sessions
- Convert handouts or workshop materials to a different file format or style
We can make many other accommodations not listed here, so please let us know what support you need. This form is received by the Writing Center’s Director Diana Hamilton, Assistant Director Rachel Rys and Administrative Coordinator Hannah Brenner-Leonard.
Documentation is NOT required for Writing Center accommodation. If you need accommodations for your courses, though, we recommend that you get in touch with Baruch’s Student Disability Services by visiting Newman Vertical Campus (NVC) 2-272, calling (646) 312-4590, or emailing email@example.com.
If you are requesting a schedule modification for a different purpose (ex. you are writing a thesis and want to request recurring sessions with the same consultant), please use our long-term project support request form instead.
Resources for communicating about accommodations
The Writing Center also provides supportive resources for students who are in the process of communicating about accommodations and accessibility with their professors.
We run a Communicating about Accommodations and Accessibility workshop each semester (see our Events calendar for specific workshop dates) and we also make our workshop materials available online for any interested students. For questions or to request these materials in a different format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (646) 312-4025.
Slides for Communicating about Accommodations and Accessibility workshop