Recognizing how aggressive the beat to “Lotus Flower,” a single of Radiohead’s latest album The King of Limbs, lead singer Thom Yorke seizes and convulses at the beginning of the black and white music video but when his voice comes in, so soft its sharp, he places his hands in his pocket as if restraining the anger. Later we see the echo of his voice drive him mad and we are allowed to observe him, lost in maniacal behavior, like a performer on stage with high angle shots and theatre like lighting. It’s work well, self reflective, of music as a performing art.
- The Man Behind The Music
- A Different Kind of Bar In Jackson Heights
- Live Music Theatre @ 92Y Tribeca
- What's Next for Dirty Mac?
- Realizing a Dream
- A Staten Island Band Strives to Make a Career out of Their Passion
- The Cyrus Movement Prepares for Musical Warfare
- Winston Ford's Information Highway
- Vespertina's Opera Songbird