Alumna Elisabeth Greenberg

Why did you choose Baruch?
I selected Baruch as my top-choice campus through the Macaulay Honors College. I wanted to be surrounded by students with diverse backgrounds and interests, and I was not disappointed.

What’s your fondest Baruch memory?
My study abroad experiences. Through that program, I was able to meet students I otherwise would not have and see totally new parts of the world. I’ll never forget hiking Yellow Mountain or seeing the Great Wall of China with friends I have kept to this day.

How did Baruch impact your life and career?
My classmates and friends came from varied backgrounds and experiences, which helped widen my worldview through extracurricular activities and classroom discussions. In addition, Baruch ensured I stepped into my professional life relatively seamlessly. Through the Starr Career Development Center, I was able to obtain a great first job immediately following graduation.

Favorite extracurricular activity?
Among my fondest memories are the years I spent with The Ticker, eventually as editor-in-chief, working hard to produce a publication we were all proud of on a weekly basis. The Ticker was the perfect vehicle to connect with far corners of student life and school governance and be able to keep a pulse on the College’s movement as a whole.

What are your hopes for Baruch’s next 50 years?
I hope that Baruch continues to educate students who are invested in not just their own success but the success and well-being of those around them. I’m very proud to have graduated from Baruch and am sure I’ll have new reasons to underline this for years to come.