- Kotekoro Traore – email@example.com
- Neha Rajeev – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sera Ahmed – email@example.com
- Trang Le – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unemployment and Crime rate in the US
The project focuses on finding the relation between unemployment and the crime rate for different states in the US. The goal is to find if a change in employment rate brings any change in the crime rate and if we could leverage this data to bring a positive change in the community and bring down the crime rate.
- Which states have the highest unemployment rate?
- Which states have the highest crime rate?
- Which month of the year has the highest unemployment rate?
- Which month of the year has the highest crime rate?
- Is there a relationship between the crime rate and unemployment rate of different states?
- What are the most common crimes in the states where crime is the highest?
- What are the most common crimes throughout the US?
- Can we predict the number of crime rate based on the unemployment rate?
2. NYC Crime and NY COVID-19
This project is to find if NY during the COVID-19 period can control the crime rate by easing the lockdown rules and that if the NY COVID-19 has any relation with the crime rates of NY?
- Has the crime rate increased since COVID-19?
- Do the highly affected counties in NY by COVID-19 have a high crime rate?
- Which part of NY has been most affected by crime during COVID-19?
- Has the crime rate changed since the city started easing lockdown rules?
- What are the most common complaints during the COVID-19 period?
- Could the city lower the crime rate by easing the lockdown rules?