To add users to your site, first visit the Dashboard of the site. Since many users are members of multiple sites, make sure that you’re in the correct place (the correct site name should appear at the top of the Dashboard).
Adding existing and new members of B@B
This method works for adding both members and non-members of Blogs@Baruch.
Click on the “Users” menu, and click on “Import Users.” Paste a list of the Baruch email addresses for the users into the field on that page. Each email address should be on a separate line:
Select the appropriate user role from the drop down menu.
Click “Import Users.”
Users will receive an email to their Baruch email account with their username, password, and a link to your site.
There are five types of users on a WordPress site. These user roles can be changed at any time by the administrator(s) of the site:
- Administrator: User who has access to all the administration features
- Editor: User who can publish posts, manage posts, as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
- Author: User who can publish and manage their own posts. This role is often assigned to students.
- Contributor: User who can write and manage their posts but not publish posts.
- Subscriber: User who can read comments/comment/receive newsletters on a site that is password protected.