Rubin Museum

The Rubin Museum was a nice, and unique museum experience. The lighting and decor was unlike most museums I’ve been to. The light was on the dim side and the paint on the walls was rich, dark earth tones or a very dark blue on the 6th floor. The artwork was interesting and mainly consisted of art from Asia, including India, China, and Tibet. The 5th floor had a lot of religious work. There were two parallel paintings of Jesus and Siddhartha Gautama which depicted the glorious, majestic and holy sides of both figures as well as their compassion and mercy. It showed how they were both divine and human. The 4th floor had many contemporary Buddhist artists. The works reflected Buddhist ideals of simplicity, selflessness, spirituality and an independence from the material world. My favorite paintings were: the Triptych, Number Two. and Govache #163. both by Charmion von Wiegand. The bottom floor had the exhibition called “British Life in a Mountain Kingdom.” It was a collection of photos taken by John Claude White and they showed the beautiful Himalayan landscape. The Rubin was a nice museum and I would like the revisit once a new exhibit is opened.

13 Responses to Rubin Museum

1. Things i have often told men and women is that while looking for a good on the net electronics retail outlet, there are a few factors that you have to factor in. First and foremost, you should really make sure to choose a reputable and reliable shop that has enjoyed great testimonials and scores from other shoppers and market sector professionals. This will make certain you are dealing with a well-known store to provide good program and support to their patrons. Many thanks for sharing your opinions on this site.

2. לילה טוב לכולם, אני מעוניין להמליץ על מידע בנושא חשוב ביותר.

3. Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clearness in your put up is just cool and that i can think you are a professional on this subject. Well together with your permission let me to clutch your RSS feed to stay up to date with impending post. Thanks 1,000,000 and please carry on the rewarding work.

4. I’d like to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this website. I am hoping to view the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own, personal site now 😉

5. Just found this site thru Google, what an easy way to jazz up my week!

6. Iraqi Dinar says:

One more thing. I do believe that there are a lot of travel insurance internet sites of reputable companies than enable you to enter holiday details and find you the quotes. You can also purchase your international holiday insurance policy on the web by using your own credit card. All you should do is usually to enter all your travel particulars and you can be aware of the plans side-by-side. Just find the program that suits your budget and needs then use your credit card to buy the idea. Travel insurance on the web is a good way to do investigation for a reputable company regarding international travel insurance. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

7. Omar Satmary says:

Good – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs and related information ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task.

8. WordPress Site owner – Do you know you could save 5-10 or so minutes daily while using software? I used it on my sites also it makes a massive difference.

9. Michael says:

Exceptional article, but I’ve got a quick question… how do you defend against spam responses more successfully? I block out a great deal, yet it appears that there are many responses which make it through. I’m truly considering preventing
    them all, however I want to maintain some degree of activity on my web site.
    What can I do?

10. thanks for sharing such wonderful articles

11. Vernice Mayo says:

Good morning to you,

Really interesting post. Look, we think we have a mutually beneficial business proposition for you. Please email us for the details.

May the sun shine upon you all your days.

12. sex says:

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my web site so i came to

13. sex says:

Excellent blog here! Additionally your website loads up fast! What host are you the use of? Can I get your associate link in your host? I want my website loaded up as fast as yours lol