The NYC High School Journalism Collaborative is an initiative to support high school journalism throughout the city. Since 2009, we have served nearly 1,800 NYC teens and 188 advisers from 213 high schools through a yearly conference, award competition and professional workshops for teachers and students.
The Collaborative is part of Baruch College’s Department of Journalism and the Writing Professions.
If you are interested in getting involved or starting your own school newspaper, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NYC High School Journalism Collaborative is led by
* Prof. Geanne (Rosenberg) Belton, Director, Harnisch Journalism Projects
* Katina Paron, Director
* Jere Hester, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism
* Indrani Sen, CUNY Graduate School of Journalism
* Ilsa Cowen, New York City Scholastic Press Association, retired adviser of The Classic (Townsend Harris High School)
* Cathy Kaczmarek, adviser, Argus (Midwood High School)
We’d like to thank The David and Katherine Moore Family
Foundation, The Harnisch Foundation, Dow Jones Fund, Baruch College and the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism for past support of the work we do.