Mirror – My Final Project

First of all, I’m very relieved that this project is over with finally. This video project was very difficult to carry out and my movie turned out to be very different from what I first imagined it to be. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to film and the order of the entire production but unfortunately it did not happen that way. Due to some personal events, my “actress” wasn’t able to come through and I couldn’t find an available replacement by the day when I wanted to film everything. So, I had to be the “actress,” something I felt very uncomfortable doing. In the end, I just tried to make the best of the situation and I got to work.

I hope that in the future I won’t have to do any video projects anymore because I am inexperienced with movie software, filming, and simply putting writing into motion. Sometimes it is easier to come up with a thesis and write a very detailed and long paper about it, but to transform those descriptive words into emotions and action is much harder than just writing them down. That’s where a lot of my trouble was because obviously I am not an actress and the last time I performed in a play was when I was 6. Also, I did not want to start with a new idea or method because the whole process takes a lot of time. So with the camera in someone elses hands, I had to rely on that person to hopefully understand and capture the same image I saw in my head –I had to simply hope for the best.

Nevertheless, I think this video manages to illustrate the poem and I hope that this is visible to my viewer. I present to you my video project:

Digital Project: “Mirror” by Sylvia Plath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbveDfXovRg

About Maggie

NO-CARD
This entry was posted in KMWA, Reflective Response. Bookmark the permalink.