Ron Aaron, longtime Baruch administrator and adviser to the Golden Key International Honour Society, with Baruch’s symbolic golden key. Photo by Mayreni Polanco.

“My business is students,” says Ron Aaron, longtime Baruch administrator and adviser to the Golden Key International Honour Society. Dedicated to academic achievement, leadership, and service, Golden Key was chartered at Baruch in 1989 and remains one of the College’s most selective student groups (candidates are required to have a minimum 3.5 GPA).

“Working with Golden Key has been the most pleasurable and gratifying experience of my Baruch career,” says Aaron, whose tenure at the College dates back to 1973. Over the years, nearly 5,000 Baruchians have become members.

But it’s about quality, not quantity. “The record confirms my estimation: Most of these students have become stars in their own right,” he says, reeling off the names of members who have gone on to careers as senior vice presidents, partners in law firms, even a minister.

And although Aaron welcomed back more than 60 Key alumni to the College to celebrate the 25th anniversary last spring, he hopes to connect with more. Please e-mail him at ronald.aaron@baruch.cuny.edu. “I view many past Key leaders as my extended family,” he says.

—Diane Harrigan