The Institute creates compensated professional development seminars tailored to specific faculty cohorts. Exploring student-centered pedagogical strategies and how they can be used in Baruch classrooms, seminars tend to either span a semester or occur in a condensed period between semesters, and include opportunities to workshop new or revised teaching materials for current or future courses.
We’re always in the process of developing new seminars in collaboration with faculty partners. If you have ideas for a future seminar, please be in touch!
Learn more about some recent seminars:
- Thematic COM 1010 Courses
- Integrating Writing in Management Courses
- Teaching with Cases
- Effective Writing Pedagogies in Public Affairs
- Remote Communication-Intensive Teaching
- Supporting Active Learning in Jumbo Courses
- Supporting Communication-Skills in the Zicklin Majors
Achieving a powerful, transformational education for all students—through active, communication-intensive learning—requires building the necessary classroom conditions. To this end, the Institute has developed extensive programming to support teachers in pedagogical approaches that are inclusive (bringing everyone into the learning process) and that foster antiracism and equity.