What follows are some resources, reminders, and tech guides to support your work at the Institute.
- The Staff List ensures that you can easily connect with one another.
- The building access memo grants you access to the building after hours or on the weekend. If you ever arrive and the door is locked, please bring this memo to the security desk in the Library building (just before the turnstiles) and ask them to open the J-Annex building for you. Note: this can take upwards of 15 minutes so please plan ahead.
- Know how to log in! This is truly important and mandatory. You need to know and always have on hand TWO main things, and maybe a THIRD.
- Baruch network account credentials (e.g. mhoffman / password)
- CUNY login credentials (e.g. email@example.com / password)
- Keychain (apple computers sometimes prompt you to enter your most recent password before the current password)
- Tech checklist. This document has some basics on logging in to computers and using airplay.
- Updating keychains. If you are ever prompted to update your keychain.
- Fellows tab on our website. Know how to log in to this using your Baruch network credentials (e.g. mhoffman).
- WCO Basics. Please familiarize yourselves with this document which overviews some basics when it comes to using our online scheduler. Most importantly: how to mark a no-show.
- Room reservations. A guide for making, modifying, and deleting room reservations in the password protected Fellows part of our website.
- Where are my sessions? Usually, Brenda or Huda will tell you where to go and they’ll also write it on the whiteboard in 315A. But you’re also welcome to check it yourself.
- If you’re supporting ACC 4100 this semester: Before confirming with students, please double check with us that there’s a room available. It’s almost certain there will be, but there are a few times this semester where all 3 of our resource rooms will be in use. We’ll also complete the room reservation for you on our calendar. That said, if there’s an urgent need to schedule, go ahead and check to see if there’s a room available yourself, and enter the room reservation yourself, and then just send us (me, Julia, Brenda, Huda) an email telling us you’ve done so.
- If any of you want to work / stay on site at a time you’re not scheduled, you’re welcome to! You can sit in room 315A, or in one of the resource rooms. You can check room reservations to make sure there’s space.