1 -minute VIDEOS
Look at the 1-minute videos prepared by the finalists in prior CUNY-IBM Watson Case Competitions.
- NYC DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND MENTAL HEALTH– Automatic classification of disease reports to better track and prevent outbreaks
- NYC 311 SYSTEM– Augmenting NYC311 System by leveraging Social Media and IBM Watson
- MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES– Watson AI assists in Early Detection of Mental
- LEARNING A LANGUAGE– Use of Watson AI and Virtual Reality (VR) to assist students in learning a new language
- HOMELESS SERVICES– HELP USA employs WATSON AI to improve services to the Homelessness population they serve
- ADMINISTRATION FOR CHILDREN’S SERVICES– State-wide Automated Child Welfare Information System and virtual caseworker assistant
- USING WATSON TO INNOVATE NYC 311– Using Watson AI to innovate NYC311
- CUNY STUDENT ADVISOR– Virtual student advisor for course scheduling and career advice
- REINVENTING CUNY’S ADMINISTRATION– Employing IBM Watson to reduce CUNY’s administrative costs and revolutionizing administrative functions within CUNY.
- IMPROVING EMERGENCY SERVICES– Changing the 911 Dispatch System with IBM Watson
BUSINESS CASE ANALYSIS
Examples of Business Case Analysis from prior participants of the CUNY-IBM Watson Case Competitions:
Business Case Analysis of Winning Team in 2017 :
Issue: New York City is one of the most populous cities in the world. In addition, New York City functions as the capital of the global economy and as a center for tourism. Epidemiologists and research scientists at the DOHMH need to be capable of quickly tracking all diseases within the city to conduct research, detect and control outbreaks, investigate cases, and conduct partner outreach (in the case of STDs) in order to protect the welfare of the community. Find the Business Case Analysis of this team here.
Business Case Analysis of Winning Team in 2014 :
Case Prompt: Watson LMSW is a Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS) and virtual caseworker assistant that will provide social workers with the support they need to effectively address child abuse and maltreatment cases more efficiently and accurately than ever before. Find the Business Case Analysis of this team here.
More Examples of Business Case Analysis:
CUNY IBM Watson Case Competiton 2018 group on LinkedIn