UPDATED January 4, 2021
The Newman Library is providing its services remotely during the spring 2021 semester, as well as the winter (January) 2021 session . This advisory will be updated to contain the most current information about Library services in case circumstances change during the semester.
Please note that overdue fines are not being charged for books and equipment on loan. Please feel free to hold onto the books, calculator, or laptop that you borrowed. If you need to return an item please read the options provided in a separate news post.
- Library Hours – The Library space is closed. Baruch students will be able to schedule time in one of the designated quiet study areas on campus. The details are on a separate news page. Please note that the quiet study spaces space are not in the library or managed by the library.
- Reference Service – Use the “Ask a Librarian” app on the Library’s home page to chat live, email a question, or schedule a research consultation.
- Book Loans – From off campus use our extensive digital collections. Faculty who have a critical need for a book in our collection should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inquire about Borrowed Items – Contact the Circulation staff via email email@example.com
- Technology Loans – Baruch students may request a Chromebook, iPad or laptop for loan. Details are on the Technology Loan page.
- Calculator Loans: To apply to borrow a calculator for the semester complete the calculator application form. The link to the request form will remain active until all the available calculators are distributed. Please note that Texas Instruments has discontinued its free emulator trial, but still offers a free Chromebook extension through July 2021, Students may want to consider downloading an app through iTunes or the Play Store.
- Access to Internet and WiFi: Baruch students who need Internet access may reserve a seat in one of the designated quiet study areas on campus. The College will be distributing a limited number of MiFi hotspots that have been supplied by the University. Students who have no Internet access at home and want to apply for the loan of hotspot should submit a request by following the instructions on the MiFi loan page.
- Printers: While the Library is closed to users the printers are not available. With classes now online, students are submitting their course assignments in a digital format through Blackboard or another method specified by the instructor that does not require a hard copy.