FALL 2021 UPDATE:
With the reopening of the campus, reservations are no longer needed to use the cafeteria and multi-purpose room. Seats are available to students on a first-come, first served basis.
[This service ended with the reopening of the Campus in Fall 2021.]
Baruch College is providing quiet study spaces for students. At this this time there are 2 locations on the first floor of the Newman Vertical Campus:
- Multi-Purpose Room – 21 seats
- Dining Room/Cafeteria – 37 seats
Students may reserve a seat in either space for a four-hour time slot (8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.) using the reservation system.
Users of the quiet study spaces must follow the University’s Student Conduct Protocol.
Please note that quiet study spaces are not in the Library or managed by the Library.
The Quiet Study spaces will be cleared of all occupants at 12:00 noon each day for cleaning before the afternoon session. The spaces will be cleared again at 6:00 p.m. to clean them for use on the following morning.
No food or drink may be brought into any of the Quiet Study spaces.
Students who use the multi-purpose room should use the 25th Street entrance to the Newman Vertical Campus. Students who use the Cafeteria space should use the 24th Street entrance.
Submission of a reservation request will generate an automated email response with instructions to download the Everbridge health screening app. Visitors must complete a Symptom Checker in Everbridge on the day of each visit to ensure that the information provided is current. To gain entry, the visitor must show a result approving access, and a valid Baruch identification card to Public Safety officers. The ID Center is open on a regular schedule to issue ID cards to new students.
All students have been pre-registered with Everbridge. Please follow the instructions below to set-up your account in advance of your visit.
Instructions for Using the Everbridge Health Screening App
The Everbridge app is available for your smartphone in the associated app stores: Apple Store and Google Play. Please use this Instructional Guide for accessing and using the app. Visitors should follow the Visitors’ Guide for instructions on entering the campus.
One-time Setup for Everbridge
- Navigate to the App store on your phone and search for Everbridge.
- Download, install, and open the Everbridge app.
- Click Find an Organization or subscription button on the Everbridge splash page.
- Search for CUNY. Select the CUNY – Health Screening option. Do not choose NYAlert.
- You will be taken to the CUNY Web Applications Login page. Log in using your CUNYLogin credentials. (Username: Firstname.Lastnameemail@example.com)
- Set your notification preferences and click the Done button.
Completing a Symptom Checker in Everbridge
- Within the Everbridge app, click the Shield icon in the bottom right corner. If you do not see the Shield icon, restart the app.
- Click the Symptom Checker icon.
- Go through the questionnaire, answer all five questions, and click Submit.