The Clinton Foundation is working with CUNY to recruit interns for the fall semester (9/6/17 to 12/8/17). They currently have three to four open positions within the Foreign Policy, and CGI Initiatives departments. Interns will be paid $15 an hour. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, August 11, 2017.
The purpose of this position is to serve as an intern at the Clinton Foundation. S/he will be assigned tasks that will enable him/her to enhance key skills to support career growth and development. S/he will be paired with a mentor to help with future growth and will need to be proactive in fostering a strong mentor/mentee relationship. S/he will also develop a final project in collaboration with his/her manager.
- Complete tasks and projects as assigned in an effort to gain transferable skills that will enhance career growth and development
- Work collaboratively within his/her department to support the team, solve problems and achieve results
- Proactively seek ways to add value to his/her team while seeking to enhance personal career endeavors
- Conduct research
- Draft and format written deliverables, presentations and other communications materials as may be assigned
- Provide social media support to the team if applicable
- May be involved in analysis of data; project coordination; developing and organizing projects; compiling data
- Assist with external communications
- Attend training sessions and events as scheduled and assigned
- Collaborate with assigned mentor and manager per personal and professional development needs
- Network with fellow interns and staff to foster collaboration
- Complete a final project and present it to the intern class
- Comply with Foundation policies and procedures
- Establish effective ways to remain organized and engaged
- Other duties as requested by the Foundation
- Make presentations as assigned
Education (Minimum Needed and Type of Degree Needed)
• Minimum Required: HS Diploma; Current students in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing
Specialized Knowledge Needed For Performance of Job
• Interested in public service and the work of the Foundation is preferred
Skills (e.g. Level of Judgment Required, Ability to Direct, Work Independently, Multi-Task, etc.)
• Solid work ethic
• Detail oriented
• Strong organizational skills
• Self-motivated with a “can do” attitude
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• A high level of responsibility and commitment to completing tasks
• Professional demeanor
Special Skills (e.g. Technical, Advanced)
• Proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point
Other (Communication Skills, Mechanical Aptitude, Math Skills, Learning Skills, Other)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Frequent computer work which may require repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
• May include minimal travel (sometimes to developing countries, including rural areas) which may require walking distances, lifting and carrying luggage and boxes (>25bs), and prolonged periods of sitting in tight quarters.
• Occasional lifting, bending, pulling, collating, and filing, some of which could be heavy (>15 lbs) or require the use of carts.
The Clinton Foundation will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities
unless doing so would result in undue hardship.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The Clinton Foundation maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations.