Throughout history, since about the 17th Century, men have been wearing ties to look more presentable, clean, and respected. A man who wears a tie looks confident, well groomed, and casts an image of someone who keeps his life organized. Wearing a tie also shows that a man is willing to go the extra mile to gain respect through his professionalism.
There are many ways to tie a tie. One of the simplest ones is the Half Windsor tie. Follow these quick, easy steps (see below) to achieve the Half Windsor and score that dream job with confidence and style!
- Place the tie over your neck, with the wide end hanging about 12 inches lower than the narrow end. Cross the wide end over the narrow end.
- Bring the wide end around and behind the narrow end. Then bring the wide end up and put it through the hole between your collar and the tie.
- Next bring the wide end around the front from right to left over the narrow end.
- Bring the wide end back over and into the loop again and take the wide end and pull it in through the triangular tie in front.
- Tighten and adjust as necessary.
To view the steps visually, see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fFgrPZFOhY