Executive Board Bios

~President~
Name: Lisa Wu
Major: Management
Minor: Environmental Sustainability
Expected graduation date: Spring 2022
What made you join CPP?
I joined CPP as a native partner and wanted to meet new people and make new friends. I also wanted to learn about different cultures and languages and CPP was an amazing way to do that. My first semester in the program, I had two partners and really enjoyed it and today those two partners are still really good friends. I really enjoyed meeting many different people and learning more about them. I hope to continue to help and devote my time to making Conversation Partners Program a fun and engaging program for everyone as the Treasurer and in Events Management.
What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time I like to watch funny and entertaining Youtube videos, listen to music, watch dramas/shows, pet my cats, scroll through clothes and fashion, and sometimes going out food shopping. I also like to nap, draw, arts and crafts and cook. Overall, I just like to find random fun things to do that will keep me busy!
What’s something quirky about you?
I really love animals except for a few species of bugs and maybe a select few others. I will stop on the street just to stare at cats and animals and I even feed strays every now and then! Also, I am fascinated by wolves and tigers!
Favorite quote:
I have a lot of favorite quotes and love inspirational, positive and motivational stuff. One quote I like is “If you’re always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be”-Maya Angelou.

~Vice President, Coordinator of Pair Matching~
Name: Jennifer Xue
Major: Finance
Minor: Chinese
Expected graduation date: Spring 2022
What made you join CPP?
Culture alone fascinates me. Exchange of cultures? Even better! I joined CPP in the fall semester of 2019 as a native English speaker with two non-native partners. The only regret I had was not being able to spend more time with them. At the same time that I was exchanging knowledge of my culture with my non-native partners, I also met new people, made new friends, and continued to expand my professional network. I have experienced firsthand what CPP has to offer, and I am thrilled to be able to give back. As your Coordinator of Pair Matching, I hope to provide you with an opportunity to socialize, interact, and network with people whom you will soon become great friends with!
In my spare time, I enjoy spending quality time with my friends, bingeing Chinese and Korean dramas, listening to music, and shopping for, sourcing, and reselling clothes online.
What’s something quirky about you?
I have two things. (1) I like to have my own one-person concert in my bedroom and sing like there is no tomorrow. It is a good thing nobody gave me a microphone. (2) I wore uniform from kindergarten up until my senior year of high school so when college began, it felt so liberating. I figured out that I am not a sweatshirt and sweatpants type of person. I love dressing up for any and every occasion even if nobody else does unless I absolutely have to wear casual clothes for whatever reason. The awkward thing is that I am camera shy though.
Favorite quotes:
“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
“Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress.” – Unknown

~ Secretary ~
Name: Jessie Wong
Major: Psychology
Minor: Law and Policy
Expected graduation date: Spring 2022
What made you join CPP?
I joined CPP to make friends, practice my communication skills, and to learn about different cultures. It gave me the opportunity to learn more about my partner and share ideas and opinions, giving me different perspectives on their lives, majors, and personality. I believe that talking to others with a variety of backgrounds and history is a rewarding experience, and I hope that I could give others that experience as well, as the Secretary.
Exercising (yoga, badminton, biking, etc.), caring for my plants, reading books, and listening to crime stories.
What’s something quirky about you?
I love succulents, carnivorous plants, spiders, and I can use tools well.
Favorite quote:
“Nothing is as bad as the mind makes it out to be” – Jessie

~Treasurer, Marketing Coordinator~
Name: Sam Rhew
Major: International Business
Minor: Marketing
Expected graduation date: 2024
What made you join CPP?
It seemed interesting!
Writing short stories!
What’s something quirky about you?
I’ve broken 0 bones before.
Favorite quotes:
“and if the devil was to see you. he’d kiss your eyes and repent.”