Baruch Conversation Partners Program

Executive Board Bios

~President~

Name: Fang Chen
Major: Finance
Minor: Economics
Expected graduation date: Winter 2024
What made you join CPP?
I had always been involved with clubs and communities in previous schools. It was important for me to continue that communication and create friendships. Caring dearly about culture and diversity, Conversation Partners Program stood out to me as a freshman. I wanted to meet passionate people from different countries and cultures through this program. After one semester of CPP, I was determined to join the committee, which led me to be on the e-board as well.
What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to do quite a variety of things during my free time. I like to draw and paint, listen to music, watch shows, play games, explore city restaurants, learn random facts about random things, and collect stationery.
What’s something quirky about you?
I enjoy MBTI / Personality tests quite a bit.
Favorite Quote:
“Friend something better than chocolate ice cream… maybe friend somebody you give up the last cookie for.” – Cookie Monster

~Vice President~

Name: Ibne Tamim
Major: Finance
Minor: Undecided
Expected graduation date: May 2027
What made you join CPP?
CPP’s mission to help non-native and native students expand their cultural knowledge and make friends is one of the main reasons why I joined this program.
⁠In my spare time, I like to play volleyball with my friends and listen to music.
What’s something quirky about you?
⁠I guess something quirky about me is that Sometimes I obsess over certain things that others may perceive as boring or odd like the meaning of life, stars, energy, etc
Favorite Quote:
”If there is a will, there is a way.”

~Secretary~

Name: Doreen Murekerisoni
Major: Finance
Minor: Communications
Expected graduation date: Spring 2024
What made you join CPP?
I would consider myself a super social person. I love meeting new people and learning about new cultures. When I found out about cpp from my communications professor and read about what the program is about I knew I had to join. I had such a great time with my partner and learned so much about cultures I’ve never had knowledge of.
I love watching movies and cooking. I also love making Spotify playlists when I am bored lol.
What’s something quirky about you?
I love math (yikes lol)
Favorite Quote:
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”

~Treasurer~

Name: Meina Huang
Major: Accounting
Minor: Sociology and Data Analytics
Expected Graduation Date: Spring 2025
What made you join CPP?
I joined CPP because this club is about meeting people from different places and helping each other while creating this awesome community. I would say that CPP has been an amazing experience, especially for me because I was able to meet a lot of passionate and intelligent people that have different cultural backgrounds than mine. In the end, I hope to learn something from each one of them.
I usually like to spend my free time watching movies, drawing, shopping, going out with my friends especially trying out new restaurants, and cooking with my family.
What’s something quirky about you?
I hate drinking hot/warm temperature water, I prefer drinking cold water. I like some hot drinks but for most of the time, I like to put ice cubes in my drinks. Also, I love perfumes and scented things, for me, they are amazing to create certain memories, moods, and emotions.
Favorite Quote:
“Carpe diem. Seize the day boys. Make your lives extraordinary.” — Dead Poets Society

~Pair Matching Coordinator~

Name: Jasmine Zhong
Major: Industrial Organizational Psychology
Minor: Communications
Expected graduation date: Spring 2024
What made you join CPP?
I joined CPP to make friends! And to practice my communication skills because I am a shy girl. I really enjoyed myself when I joined the in-person event for CPP.
In my spare time, I like to eat food! I am a big foodie and will go everywhere to try new food. I also like to go to museums and art galleries.
What’s something quirky about you?
When I talk, I mumble, and no one ever hears me. (Shy girl problems) I am also left-handed.
Favorite Quote:
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That’s why it is called the present” – Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda.

~Marketing Coordinator~

Name: Salma Aly
Major: Graphic Communication
Minor: Spanish
Expected graduation date: Spring 2027
What made you join CPP?
One of the great aspects of my personality is that I’m a very friendly and open person to learn anything new, get to know new people, and see new faces in my life. I also like participating and leaving my print in any event, so CPP is the place for me to socially grow and apply my thoughts and ideas.
As a very normal girl, I love food so I, of course, cook no matter what time it is. (For real, I cooked around 4 am before just cuz I couldn’t sleep and just wanted to make something new lol)
What’s something quirky about you?
Something quirky about me is that I act childish when it comes to anything that makes me happy, just start making weird noises and jump all around the place 🙂
Favorite Quote:
“Mama always said, life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get.” ~ Forrest Gump