Thank you for your interest in the Conversation Partners Program (CPP). The application for FALL 2023 is now CLOSED! If you are interested in the program, please wait for next semester’s applications. The Application Deadline was Friday, September 22nd, 2023 by 11:59pm EST.
Please fill out the application only if you agree to the CPP Program Requirements:
- Are a registered Baruch College student for the semester you are applying to participate in
- Participate in one of the CPP Orientations (see “Orientations” section below)
- Contact your partner(s) within a week of being matched
- Meet your partner at least six times during the semester* Complete the timesheet** within 48 hours after meeting with your partner. If you have more than one partner, you are committing to meet EACH partner one-on-one at least six times throughout the semester. The deadline for the last timesheet submission is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, December 12th, 2023. Make sure your partner fills out the form as well.
- Contact the CPP immediately (at email@example.com) if you can’t participate anymore due to an unforeseen circumstance
*Virtual meetings are still allowed during the Fall 2023 semester: you can use Facetime, Zoom, Google Meet, etc. for 2 out of the 6 meetings. Texting/emailing does not qualify as a meeting.
**Find the timesheet under the “Get Involved” tab.
There is also a CPP Certificate option. If you are interested in receiving a CPP Certificate upon completion of the program, see the requirements below:
In order to obtain the CPP certificate:
- Meet with each partner one-on-one at least 6 times, and each meeting must be at least an hour long. Complete the timesheet* within 48 hours after meeting with your partner. The deadline for the last submission is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, December 12th, 2023. Your partner is required to fill out the timesheet as well.
- You will also need to attend at least 3 CPP events**. This means 3 events plus the General Interest Meeting (GIM)/Orientation (GIM does not count towards the events requirement).
- Complete the end-of-the-semester feedback survey
- Write a short reflection paper or complete a mini project
PLEASE NOTE: To receive the CPP Certificate, you need to fill in the certificate interest form which is sent to participating students in that semester. In the Fall semester, it is usually sent in mid-late November and for Spring semesters it is sent out in late April and early May. After you submit the form we will confirm your eligibility based on the fulfilled requirements.
*Find the timesheet under the “Get Involved” tab.
In order to obtain extra credit (based on the professor):
Some professors offer students extra credit for their students who participate in CPP. If you already discussed with one of your professors about receiving extra credit for participating in CPP, please check with their specific requirements. It will likely be similar to CPP requirements but not necessarily so make sure you understand their extra credit requirements. Every professor’s requirement is different.