Thank you for your interest in the Conversation Partners Program (CPP). The application for Fall 2022 is now open! Fill out the application here to be matched with your partner(s). The application deadline is Sunday, September 18th, 2022 by 11:59pm EST.
Please fill out the application only if you agree to the CPP Program Requirements:
- Are a registered Baruch College student
- Participate in one of the CPP Orientations (see “Orientations” section below)
- Contact your partner within a week of being matched
- Meet your partner at least six times during the semester* Complete the timesheet** within 48 hours after meeting with your partner. The deadline for the last submission is 11:59pm EST on Saturday, December 10th, 2022. Make sure your partner fills out the form as well.
- Contact the CPP immediately (at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can’t participate anymore due to an unforeseen circumstance
*Virtual meetings were allowed during the Spring 2022 semester: you can use Facetime, Zoom, Google Meet, etc. Texting/emailing does not qualify as a meetings. This may change for the Fall 2022 semester, stay tuned.
**Find the timesheet under the “Get Involved” tab
For more information, see Orientation.
*Events will continue to be hosted online via Zoom and/or our CPP Discord server.
There is also a CPP Certificate option. If you are interested in receiving a CPP Certificate upon completion of the program, see the requirements below:
In order to obtain the CPP certificate:
- Meet with your partner 6 times, and each meeting must be at least an hour long. Complete the timesheet* within 48 hours after meeting with your partner. The deadline for the last submission is 11:59pm EST on Saturday December 10th, 2022. Make sure your partner fills out the form as well.
- You will also need to attend at least 3 CPP events**. This means 3 events plus the General Interest Meeting (GIM)/Orientation (GIM does not count towards the events requirement).
- Complete the end-of-the-semester feedback survey
- Write a short reflection paper or complete a mini project
*Find the timesheet under the “Get Involved” tab
**TBD: Events may continue to be hosted online via Zoom and/or our CPP Discord server.
In order to obtain extra credit (based on professor):
Some professors offer students extra credit for their students who participate in CPP. If you already discussed with one of your professors about receiving extra credit for participating in CPP, please check with their specific requirements. It will likely be similar to CPP requirements but not necessarily so make sure you understand their extra credit requirements.