Thank you for your interest in the Conversation Partners Program (CPP). The application for Fall 2021 is now open! Fill out the application below to be matched with your partner(s). The application deadline is September 24.
Fall 2021 Application Form:
Please fill out the application only if you agree to:
- Participate in one of the CPP Orientations (if you are a brand new CPP Member–see info below)
- Contact your partner within a week of being matched
- Meet your partner at least six times during the semester*
- Contact the CPP immediately (at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can’t participate anymore due to an unforeseen circumstance
Tuesday, September 14th from 9pm to 10:30pm EST
For more information, see Orientation.
*Virtual meetings are allowed this semester – can use Facetime, Zoom, etc. Texting is supplementary – does not qualify as a (substitute for) meetings
CPP Certificate and Participation Requirements
In order to obtain extra credit:
If you already discussed with your professor about getting extra credit for participating CPP, please check with your professor regarding their requirement. Many professors require you to meet with your partner 6 times, and submit your timesheet. However, please communicate with professor to know their specific requirements for extra credit.
In order to obtain CPP certificate:
- You must meet with your partner 6 times. Complete timesheet in a timely fashion(immediately after each meeting), by the deadline, December 10, 2021. Make sure that your partner fills out the form as well.
- Complete of the end-of-the-semester survey
- Attend at least 3 CPP events, this means 3 events plus GIM/Orientation. GIM is not counted in events requirement
- Fill out the reflection paper or project
This semester, you can continue to meet virtually using applications such as FaceTime, Skype, Zoom Messenger, etc.. Due to COVID, our events this semester will also be in online platforms.