GSC students will attend an Arts Masterclass in the World Cultures, World Arts Series. See the Series Schedule page for more information. Masterclasses are held once a semester, on a Thursday from 1-2 pm on Zoom.
GSC students are required to attend these seminars, and are expected to participate interactively. While the lectures are open to the Baruch community, they are designed with a GSC student in mind.
True to George Weissman’s guiding philosophy, the World Cultures, World Arts Series bridges the gap between the business education of a Baruch student and the cultural and artistic world. The series’ aims include:
- Recognizing cultural, artistic or historical references and discuss them with depth, accuracy and meaning
- Gaining an appreciation for visual and performing arts, a necessary task in a primarily business-oriented school
- Extending students’ knowledge of fine arts beyond the “classic European masters”
- Drawing connections between historical works of art and the contemporary world
- Gaining an appreciation for how artistic expression impacts society
- Developing a mental timeline of world history, religion and philosophy through art
“The inescapable, important and enduring interaction between the arts, business and community”George Weissman