Until further notice the Newman Library is providing all services without on-site staff. Users should review the information below before coming to the Library building. This advisory will be updated to contain the most current information about Library services in a rapidly changing situation.
Please note that overdue fines are not being charged for books and equipment on loan. If you are continuing at Baruch in the fall, please feel free to hold onto the books, calculator, or laptop that you have borrowed until then. For students who are graduating in June, the options are explained in a separate news item.
- Library Hours – Closed until further notice. Please check back for updates.
- Reference Service – Use the “Ask a Librarian” app on the Library’s home page to chat live, email a question, or schedule a research consultation.
- Book Loans – From off campus use our extensive digital collections.
- Inquire about Borrowed Items – Contact the Circulation staff via email email@example.com
- Technology Loans – Borrow a Chromebook or iPad for the rest of the semester. Details are on the Technology Distribution page.
- Calculator Loans: You can use your cell phone as a TI calculator. As a COVID-19 response, Texas Instruments is offering free six-month calculator emulator software subscriptions to teachers and students for TI-84 Plus, TI-30XS, TI-34 MultiView and TI-Nspire CX calculators. Calculator guide books and tutorials are available online as well.
- Access to Internet and WiFi: The University is posting a list of service providers that are offering access. Scroll down to the Resources and Tools section of the page.