Tamar Kali’s Pearl (remix), is one of loud confusion. Literally. Kali’s loud voice combined with unknown lyrics only leaves one to rely on the video for understanding. What seems like a quest to find freedom and true beauty in women through “naturalness” and a collection of body piercing, it is still a work left up in the air in meaning. Different, maybe. Trying too hard, more likely.
- Virtual Reality Waits for the Music Industry to Catch Up July 25, 2016Many companies are ready to create VR concerts, but not enough consumers have the headsets needed to experience the immersive performances.
- ‘Sweeney Todd’ and ‘The Crucible’: Not New, but Darkly Up-to-Date July 25, 2016Operatic performances of these works highlight the Glimmerglass Festival, while “Iris” serves as a kind of preview of the Bard Music Festival.
- Review: LCD Soundsystem Makes a Return and a Homecoming at Panorama July 25, 2016The band, which announced it was disbanding in 2011, played at the Panorama Festival on Randalls Island.
- The Real Jersey Boys Are Coming Back to Broadway July 25, 2016Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons will be performing Oct. 21 through Oct. 29.
- Guggenheim Museum to Present Works by Pharrell Williams and Missy Mazzoli July 25, 2016The artists, along with Kate Weare and John Zorn, will be part of the “Works & Process” series, in which they workshop or discuss new creations.
- Virtual Reality Waits for the Music Industry to Catch Up July 25, 2016