Tamar Kali’s Pearl (remix), is one of loud confusion. Literally. Kali’s loud voice combined with unknown lyrics only leaves one to rely on the video for understanding. What seems like a quest to find freedom and true beauty in women through “naturalness” and a collection of body piercing, it is still a work left up in the air in meaning. Different, maybe. Trying too hard, more likely.
- San Francisco Symphony Replaces Canceled N. Carolina Concerts With a Pride Benefit February 27, 2017Michael Tilson Thomas, the orchestra’s music director, is planning a gala concert to highlight the musical contributions of lesbian and gay composers.
- Future Moves Closer to Billboard History February 27, 2017The Atlanta rapper has the No. 1 album for the fourth time, and could make chart history with a fifth album next week.
- City Center Summer Series Features ‘Assassins’ and ‘Really Rosie’ February 27, 2017The musicals “Assassins,” “The Bubbly Black Girl Sheds Her Chameleon Skin” and “Really Rosie” will be performed during the Encores! Off-Center season.
- Rhiannon Giddens Celebrates ‘Freedom Highway’ in the Big House February 27, 2017The folk singer accompanied the release of a new album with a workshop for convicts and a show at the Sing Sing Correctional Facility in Ossining, N.Y.
- Stirring Incarcerated Souls February 27, 2017The folk singer Rhiannon Giddens led a workshop for convicts and performed at the Sing Sing Correctional Facility upon the release of her new album.
- San Francisco Symphony Replaces Canceled N. Carolina Concerts With a Pride Benefit February 27, 2017