We Found Love- Lindsey Stirling- VenTribe

Rhythm : This song is in duple meter.

Timbre : This song gives a very calm and soothing feeling. It is very different from the original version by Rihanna. In the original version, Rihanna includes a more techno feeling rather than peaceful.

Instruments : This song contains mainly the violin that Lindsey Stirling is playing but there is also drums from time to time. In this cover from Rihanna’s “We Found Love”, it has a less futuristic melody. There is also a maraca that plays along with the singer. Also, the instruments that are in this video plays along with the singer’s voice.  The drum solo part starts on (2:18) and ends at (3:04) when the violin appears.

Texture: The texture of this cover is homophony (homophonic).

Harmony: The violin plays along with the maraca. The drums also plays along with the violin from (1:03-1:49). The harmony of this song is very smooth.

7 thoughts on “We Found Love- Lindsey Stirling- VenTribe

1. Karen Lu

At the beginning I was tempted to describe the song as polymorphic, but then I think you were right because the male vocal can be seen as an accompaniment to the main female vocal. I like this version much better than the original one because the melody is very soothing and peaceful, yet positive and gratifying.

2. Margarita Dorofeeva

I love violin and here played with maraca it creates mysterious sound. I would say that the tempo of this song is moderate adagio. The drum solo is the main change in the song that splits it in 3 sections. That’s why I would say that this is a ternary form. It is very relaxing and lovely song.

3. Karen Lu

Rhythm
    The song has a duple meter, with an andante tempo.

Instrumentation
    Instrumentation involves the use of violin, viola, and drums.
    There are several singers involved, a male voice and 2 females’. The timbres of their voices are very soft, gentle and appeasing.

Melody
    The song has a major scale, mostly played by the violin.

Harmony
    Sound of the drums serves as accompaniment.

Texture
    The texture is homophonic, because its style is vocal plus a variety of instruments.

Dynamics
    The song has an “ms” volume in the dynamics scale.

Form
    From my point of view, the song has a ternary form, because it mainly has three sessions, with the final session repeating the first.

4. Sascha Walker

The song has a slow rhythm, is it soothing, it is performed mostly with vocals and violins and the drums come in for accents, mostly on the chorus. The songs tempo stays the same from the beginning to end.

5. NANCY GONZALEZ

I really like the song. A lot of violin and drums making it an uplifting melody. The dynamics are moderately loud. The line “Found love in a wole new place” is emphazised with an intensa pitch
    using word painting in the word “whole”. I agree with this song having homophonic texture.

6. ZHUNJI WEN

I love it. This is actually the first time that I have heard this version. the smooth and gentle voice, accompanied by the violin, really give us a calm and peace feeling. A new section begins at 2:19, when the player is soloing the drums. but still, feeling calm. the drums doesn’t ruin the main atmosphere of the song.