If you want to find jobs or internships in leading companies and organizations, OCR (On Campus Recruiting) is a great opportunity for you! The Starr Career Development Center sets up interviews with top employers right here on campus. Here are some tips to help you prepare for your next OCR interview:
- How OCR can help your future career: The National Organization of Colleges and Employers (NACE) conducted a survey in 2015 indicating that 75% of employers desired relevant work experience while 60% also preferred experience acquired through an internship. In addition, the 2015 survey showed that 62.8% of respondents to the OCR program acquired an internship.
- Review the OCR tip sheet: Find out information about OCR. If you’re a freshman or sophomore, you might be interested in the internship OCR. If you’re a junior or senior, you might be interested in the full time OCR for after graduation.
- Appropriate Attire: It is necessary to wear business professional attire.
- Complete your Starr Search profile: Make sure to keep all your information up to date, such as your GPA, date of graduation, and intended major. Also keep a recent copy of your resume uploaded.
- Educate yourself about the companies involved in OCR: Attend information sessions for all the companies and organizations you are interested in. They are all listed under the “Events” section in Starr Search.
If you’re interested in finding out more about OCR, feel free to visit the On Campus Recruitment page on Starr: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/careers/students/stu_ocr.html
– Pamela Lubambo