Application Now Available!
DEADLINE MAY 6, 2014
The Max Berger Pre Law Unpaid Internship Stipend Fellowship Program provides financial assistance to undergraduate students who complete an unpaid legal internship with a public sector (i.e. government or non-profit) legal employer during the summer, while encouraging them to develop their professional and educational goals through programs offered by the Max Berger Pre Law Program at Baruch College.
A legal internship provides valuable experience and is an important stepping stone to allowing an undergraduate student decide whether pursuing a graduate level legal education is the right choice for them. However, internships are often unpaid, which can be a significant hurdle for students who already are stretched financially. The Max Berger Pre Law Unpaid Internship Stipend Fellowship Program generously offers a $2,000 stipend to help students overcome the financial hurdle of an unpaid legal internship.
The Max Berger Pre Law Unpaid Internship Stipend Fellowship Program focuses on the legal careers, and the program supports students who want to pursue a legal internship in an effort to make smart career and educational choices.
Benefits of the Program
• $2,000 stipend for working in an unpaid legal internship in the government or public sector for a minimum of 20 hours a week for a total of at least 10 weeks during the summer of 2014.
• An opportunity to gain legal experience at the college level
• Open to undergraduates of any major with a preferred minimum 2.8 GPA and who have completed at least one full semester at Baruch College
• Student has secured an unpaid internship with a public sector legal employer (i.e. non-profit or gov’t employer) on his/her own
• The unpaid internship is for a minimum of 20 or more hours per week, for a total of 10 weeks during the summer of 2014
• Students receiving stipends from internship employers will be considered and are encouraged to apply
• The selection process is competitive
• The program runs during the summer only, from June – August 2014
• Student works for a minimum of 20 hours a week for a total of at least 10 weeks during the summer of 2014
• Student receives a $2,000 stipend that is paid out in one installment at the end of the internship
• The payment of $2,000 is paid upon receipt of a 1-2 page summary of his/her internship experience from the student, which is submitted by August 30, 2014 via e-mail to Tina Coco at the end of the internship.
• Student will be required to attend an individual or group meeting with Tina Coco, Pre Law Advisor, at the end of the internship to debrief about the experience
Applying to the Program
• Secure your internship
• Complete the program application packet (http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/careers/media/PDF/Pre-Law/Pre%20Law%20Stipend%20Application%20Packet.pdf)
• Submit the application form, personal statement, and your résumé in hard copy to:
Tina G. Coco, Esq.
STARR Career Development Center
Box B2-150 NVC
For more information about the Max Berger Pre-law Fellows Program, please contact Tina Coco, Pre-law Advisor via e-mail email@example.com or call 646.312.4693.