With incomprehensible lyrics, a loud guitar, and enough empowered women sporting eccentric haircuts to pass as an ad for a women’s fashion magazine, Tamar Kali’s “Pearl,” comes off as generic; especially with that unnecessary rap verse from Jean Grae. Toward the middle of the video she starts yelling the same melody she has been singing barely audibly underneath the angry music, and things get even worse. Her falling limp on the couch at the end of her video is the exact sentiment I shared, thank God this is over!
- The Man Behind The Music
- A Different Kind of Bar In Jackson Heights
- Live Music Theatre @ 92Y Tribeca
- What's Next for Dirty Mac?
- Realizing a Dream
- A Staten Island Band Strives to Make a Career out of Their Passion
- The Cyrus Movement Prepares for Musical Warfare
- Winston Ford's Information Highway
- Vespertina's Opera Songbird