EOC’s mentoring programs serve undergraduate and graduate students from all three Baruch Schools: the School of Public Affairs, the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences, and the Zicklin School of Business.
The Academic Year-Long Mentoring Program is EOC’s cornerstone initiative. The Academic Year-Long Program helps Mentees define and achieve their career goals by providing Mentors to support, counsel and serve as role models for the Mentees. Mentors may serve as friend and advocate to their Mentees in addition to assisting and advising in their career development process. *This year’s Academic Year 2016-2017 Program runs from October through October 2016 to May 2017. Please read below for eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
- Application for Academic Year 2016-2017 Program has closed.
- Student applications were to be completed in its entirety by August 29, 2016 to be considered for the program.
- Please note: There are TWO pages to the online application once you begin. We strongly encourage eligible students to apply early; if the Program reaches capacity before the application deadline, the application will be closed.
- Applicants must complete all steps of the application process to be considered for this Program! This includes the 1. Online Application ( 8/29 deadline passed), 2. Mandatory Info Session (8/29 deadline passed), 3. Top Ten Mentors Selection (will only be sent to students who have completed steps 1 and 2), and for accepted mentees 4. Program Launch Event.
- Eligible applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled Baruch first year* (1st or 2nd semester) graduate students
- Currently enrolled juniors
- Currently enrolled student in the RSSP or FLP programs
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
*First year = graduate students who enrolled at Baruch for the spring 2016 or upcoming fall 2016 semesters.
- August 29th – Deadline for Student Applications
- August 30th-September 1st – Students will receive Mentor Bios/Instructions for Top Ten Mentors & RSVP for Launch
- September 7th – Deadline for Students to submit Top Ten Mentors
- September 22nd – Accepted Students will receive their Mentor matches
- September 29th – Students participating in the EOC Year 2016-17 Mentoring Program must attend the Meet & Greet/Launch event
Please read the important notes below, also click here to read the Program’s FAQ.
EOC will NOT process incomplete or late applications.
Please save the date for all required deadlines.
- Due to the competitive nature of this Program and the limited number of spots, we cannot guarantee that all applicants will be accepted into the Program. We strongly encourage applicants to apply early: if the program the Program reaches capacity before the application deadline, the application will be closed.
- Please note that your grammar, spelling, attention to detail, and ability to follow directions in completing this application correctly by the deadline will be considered in determining your acceptance into this Program.
- Use only ONE email address (spelled correctly) when corresponding with the Executives on Campus Team in regards to this Program. EOC is not responsible for lost communications due to the use of multiple or misspelled email addresses.
- Again, we recommend students apply as soon as possible. Once all mentee spots are filled, the EOC website will be updated and the application system will be shut down.