EOC’s mentoring programs serve undergraduate and graduate students from all three Baruch Schools: the Marxe School of Public & International Affairs, the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences, and the Zicklin School of Business.
The Academic Year-Long Mentoring Program is EOC’s cornerstone initiative. The Academic Year-Long Program helps Mentees define and achieve their career goals by providing Mentors to support, counsel and serve as role models for the Mentees. Mentors may serve as friend and advocate to their Mentees in addition to assisting and advising in their career development process. *This year’s Academic Year 2017-2018 Program runs from October 2017 to May 2018. Please read below for eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
- Application for Academic Year 2017-2018 is now open! Click here.
- Student applications are to be completed in its entirety by August 27, 2017 to be considered for the program.
- Please note: There are TWO pages to the online application once you begin. We strongly encourage eligible students to apply early; if the Program reaches capacity before the application deadline, the application will be closed.
- Applicants must complete all steps of the application process to be considered for this Program! This includes the 1. Online Application 2. Mandatory online Info Session Quiz 3. Top Ten Mentors Selection (will only be sent to students who have completed steps 1 and 2), and for accepted mentees 4. Attend Program Launch Event on 9/28.
- Eligible applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled Baruch undergraduate students and first year* (1st or 2nd semester) graduate students
- Currently enrolled juniors
- Currently enrolled student in the RSSP or FLP programs
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
*First year = graduate students who enrolled at Baruch for the spring 2017 or upcoming fall 2017 semesters.
- August 27th – Deadline for Student Applications & completion of online EOC Info Session Quiz
- August 30th – Students will receive Mentor Bios/Instructions for Top Ten Mentors & RSVP for Launch
- September 6th – Deadline for Students to submit Top Ten Mentors
- September 22nd – Accepted Students will receive their Mentor match
- September 28th – Students participating in the EOC Year 2017-18 Mentoring Program must attend the Meet & Greet/Launch event
Please read the important notes below, also click here to read the Program’s FAQ.
EOC will NOT process incomplete or late applications.
Please save the date for all required deadlines.
- Due to the competitive nature of this Program and the limited number of spots, we cannot guarantee that all applicants will be accepted into the Program. We strongly encourage applicants to apply early: if the Program reaches capacity before the application deadline, the application will be closed.
- Please note that your grammar, spelling, attention to detail, and ability to follow directions in completing this application correctly by the deadline will be considered in determining your acceptance into this Program.
- Use only ONE email address (spelled correctly) when corresponding with the Executives on Campus team in regards to this Program. EOC is not responsible for lost communications due to the use of multiple or misspelled email addresses.
- Again, we recommend students apply as soon as possible. Once all mentee spots are filled, the EOC website will be updated and the application system will be shut down.