Projects are due by Monday, May 2, 2022 at 1pm.
DESIGNING A POSTER FOR PRINT OR UPLOAD
Use PowerPoint to make your poster on a single blank slide
Set size: Design Slide –> Size –> Custom Width = 4ft (48 inches), Height = 3ft (36 inches)
Design your poster to focus the viewer’s attention
Decide on layout, begin adding SmartArt and Tables, and make color and design choices:
- Home –> Layout
- Insert –> SmartArt / Tables / Pictures / Charts
- Design –> choose from among a variety of design options
Use Text Strategically
- Title the poster and include the author’s names
- Clearly label the sections
- Limit your use of text to bite-sized chunks, essential points, or key takeaways
Use Visuals Strategically
Consider designing charts and maps or using images to illustrate ideas, draw comparisons, and show connections
ADD AUDIO TO AN ONLINE POSTER
Tips for when you record your presentation:
- Keep your presentation concise
We recommend keeping your presentation to around 3 minutes long. Shorter presentations online keep viewers engaged and minimize the chance of outside distractions.
- Practice your presentation and using Zoom or PowerPoint before recording
Similar to when giving an in-person presentation, practicing beforehand is important to sound comfortable with your presentation material. Practice recording test audio with Zoom or PowerPoint to familiarize yourself with the recording controls and how the presentation will appear after you finish recording.
- Turn off distractions
Silence phone and laptop notifications.
- Find a quiet place to record