What a Reader Is Asked to Know
- What a cat is, what a cow is, what the dog is, what a moon is, what a dish is, and what it means for to jump, what diddle means, what it means to laugh, what it means to run.
- How unlikely it would be in real life for a cat to play a fiddle or a cow to be able to reach the moon.
- How to read in general, to understand english in order to comprehend the text, how to understand letter sounds.
- What the word sport means in the context of this rhyme.
- What rhyming is.
- What a Nursery Rhyme is.
- That literature consists of both real stories and make believes elements and how to tell the difference between the two.
What a Reader Is Asked to Do
- To see and understand what they are reading.
- To process whether the text is supposed to be serious or just fun.
· Understand that nursery rhymes have a type of melodic pattern and be able to follow that pattern.